On 10/26/2015 6:46 PM, Eric Auer wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Actually, since the boot disk loads uses floppy caching, the FDI runs
>> reasonably well. As a user, you would not even notice any performance
> As said, floppy target audience includes more 16-bit people compared to
> the almost 100% cd/dvd target audience. So you should be able to safely
> skip caching (which needs 32 bit) when the floppy boots on 16 bit pc...

Agreed. Besides, how fancy would a pre-CD machine owner expect the
install process to be? One running a 16-bit chip, I'm sure, does not
expect the highest level of performance to begin with so I expect a
manual install process wouldn't be that big a deal - folks running
hardware of that vintage aren't exactly noobs.

> PS Jayden:
> Let people with before-CD computers do
> the installs manually. Give the rest a switchable-to-fancy installer.

Agreed.