Hi,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:45 PM, David McMackins <cont...@mcmackins.org> wrote:

> Indeed, the msdos target exists, but it's not in the distribution on the
> FreeDOS host.

Go32v2 (32-bit DPMI, COFF) is the main DOS target (since the '90s!).
The i8086-msdos (OMF) target is new to 3.0.0.

> I've changed to using the TP compatibility mode, and that has resolved
> most of the problems. Now, my biggest problem is getting far pointers to
> work, since they're only enabled for msdos.

Read the docs.

> I'm attempting to compile the msdos compiler, but fpcmake is failing due
> to a missing Makefile.fpc in the utils directory in the source tree.

Uh, why are you doing that? Don't do that, you don't need to bootstrap
(and it probably won't work like you want).

Are you trying to use the Win32-hosted cross-compiler in actual DOS?
Snapshots for 3.1.1 are found on the FTP here:

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v31/i8086-msdos/