Hi!

A recent attempt of mine to rebuild FORMAT with OpenWatcom 1.9 showed
that the existing makefile was insufficient. I did a quick rewrite of
that and enabled all warnings ("-wx").

>From there, I cleaned up most warnings, and the binary was the exact
same, no functional changes. However, two other warnings led to actual
changes. One was just hiding some unused variables (TurboC-specific),
so that was no biggie. But the other was almost definitely a bug where
an "if" statement was rendered useless because it accidentally ended
prematurely with a semicolon! So the condition was ignored and was
always enabled. Minor bug (presumably!) but still worth fixing.

I don't know if it's wise to spam this group with (relatively small)
diffs (3.5k and 800 bytes, roughly), but feel free to ask anyways. I
also am not volunteering to be active maintainer of this (although I'm
willing to make at least one official release, if needed). I did email
the previous maintainer, but I don't think it's fair to dump it all on
him either. But obviously this needs some further testing (or at least
a few extra eyeballs approving my minor changes).

FYI, the apparent bug was line 139 in savefs.c (notice the extra semicolon!!):

savefs.c(139): Warning! W111: Meaningless use of an expression

        if ((reserved_sectors < 1) || (reserved_sectors > 64));
          bad_boot_sector = TRUE;

Anyone interested?