Hi,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 5:10 PM Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:

> Dear Nils,
>
> > If something is unclear, please respond :)
>
> this mailing list is about FreeDOS development.
>
> please stop spamming the list with your projects because you are
> bored. We are not.

Tom, I am not aware of anybody else (Jim or Eric, for example) ever
specifying that this mailing list (freedos-devel) is only for
development of FreeDOS proper and not for development on or targeting
FreeDOS.

In other words, you're saying only development of the operating system
itself should be discussed here, not third-party userland stuff??
Somehow I disagree, and again, if this is so bothersome to you, set a
filter on your email client. There's already too few developers, and
we don't need to discourage them just because someone else can't be
bothered to ignore an email that clearly says what it's about in the
subject.

Granted, maybe if Jim agrees, you'd have half a point, and these
discussions can be moved to freedos-user instead. Honestly, I don't
see the difference, and I don't feel the extreme anguish that you feel
at all these dozens of horribly inconvenient messages.

I would prefer that some other important members (Bart or Jeremy)
publicly agreed with you before we (accidentally?) scare off anybody
who is actively trying to contribute. Again, it is not obvious to me
that this particular mailing list is already (or must forcibly be) so
narrow in focus.