> On Feb 10, 2019, at 12:48 PM, Harald Arnesen <skog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jerome Shidel [10.02.2019 17:39]:
>
>> Hi again, in regards to using LiveCD2 with QEMU this is what I’ve been told…
>>
>> LiveCD2 booted up just fine, even with an unpartitioned C: drive. This
>> is what I did:
>>

>> $ qemu-system-i386 -m 256 -k en-us -rtc base=localtime -soundhw
>> sb16,adlib,pcspk -device cirrus-vga -display gtk -boot order=d -hda
>> FD13-LiveCD2.img -cdrom FD13-LiveCD2/FD13LIVE.ISO
>> WARNING: Image format was not specified for 'FD13-LiveCD2.img' and
>> probing guessed raw.
>>          Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images,
>> write operations on block 0 will be restricted.
>>          Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.
>>

> Yes, but did you try to install FreeDOS? I can boot from any of the CDs,
> format the drive, but then: See attached screenshot.

As I’ve said. I have not booted or installed 1.3-RC1 inside QEMU. Just that it
did boot and install.

That error means exactly what it says. The installer cannot find the software
packages.
However, the cause of the error is a more important. For the USB stick images,
the packages reside on the same drive as the installer. However, for the floppy
and all CD images they do not. The CD media boot a emulated floppy or hard disk
image.  The packages reside outside of that on the normal data portion of the
disc. So, the installer first checks it’s own drive for specific key files. If
they are not found, it then search’s every drive (C-Z) until it finds this key
files. If it fails to find them, that error occurs. Usually, this is because
the normal data portion of the disc was not accessible with the supplied CD/DVD
driver as configured. As far as I know, the supplied driver works under QEMU.
So, I’m not sure what’s causing your issue.