Hello freedos developers & users.

As you probably know, once upon a time (like
20 years ago) there were the command.com sources
from Centroid Corp under GPL. AFAIK they were
removed from the freedos servers because of the
licence uncertaincy. I used them in my comcom32
project:
https://github.com/stsp/comcom32
and finally decided to see if I can do something
about its licensing. So I just mailed to Centroids,
and, quite suprisingly, the outcome was very positive:
https://github.com/stsp/comcom32/issues/12
Here you can see the reply from Centroid official,
confirming the possibility of distributing this command.com
source under GPLv3+.

So just wanted to let you know about this.
I believe it is now possible for freedos to re-upload
it to their servers, where it once initially was.
I am planning to port it to 64bit in the future (as I
already ported freedos to 64bit), after which it will
no longer be usable for classic freedos. But there
will be some time frame before I get to that, and
during that time I am sure freedos ppl can get some
use of it, or even contribute.

Good night and RIP to its author Allen S. Cheung.