---- Le dim., 20 juin 2021 20:20:17 -0400 Paul Dufresne via Freedos-devel
<mailto:freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> écrit ----

>In fact I have tried:

>#include <cstdlib.h>

>//#include <stdlib.h>

>int main (){

>  return 0;

>}

>which does not find cstdllib.h.

yes, because it should be #include <cstdlib> ... without .h.

I now believe the correct place to add library files is in:
~/opt/cross/i386-pc-msdosdjgpp/lib/
and the include files in:
~/opt/cross/i386-pc-msdosdjgpp/sys-include/

It now seems to me gettext.h shoud not be including <cstdlib>,
because gettext.h is a C header (C++ header would be <cgettext>).
I might try to replace with: #include <stdlib.h> to see if that helps.

The message: error: 'malloc' has not been declared in '::',
well it might be obvious for many but I now believe '::' means the global
namespace.
... like in opposition to std namespace where the C standard define things.

And I think it is partly related to the fact that the chess program do:
#include <cstdlib> before include "gettext.h" which also try to include
<cstdlib>.

Also, I am asking help about missing sys/select on djgpp mailing-list:
https://www.delorie.com/djgpp/mail-archives/browse.cgi?p=djgpp/2021/06/21