I did this a couple weeks ago but didn't think it was important enough to mention, plus it's not actually an improvement over the current version. I was talking about how I had just entered the world of 8088 ASM coding, and had been thinking about creating minimalist versions of DOS utilities.

Anyway, this came up in the side chat during the videochat today, and I thought I might mention it here, even though there's really nothing of any actual interest (in my opinion):

http://6.buric.co/choice.a86.txt

It's written with NASM (the version I rolled it with, since I have Debian 11, is 2.15.05); it just rolls to a 678-byte binary. (I also rolled it with yasm 1.3.0 with the exact same result.)

-uso.