---- Le ven., 24 sept. 2021 13:22:11 -0400 Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> écrit
----

 > Hi Jerome,
 >
 > > If ... there are no partitions on the target hard drive,
 > > it tells fdisk to automatically partition the drive...
 >
 > > If there is a command line option to perform automatic
 > > partitioning using a single big partition, I am unaware of it.
 >
 > If FDISK defaults to making 1000 partitions of 2 GB each
 > when you have a 2 TB drive, that is utterly useless. MOST
 > users will have FAR more than 60 GB disk size and you can
 > have only 24 drive letters from C: to Z:
 >
 > This makes FreeDOS look ridiculously 1980s, sorry. Any
 > workarounds possible?
 >
 > Regards, Eric

Well... looks like we are using indeed 1980 technology in 2021.

The FDISK docs says that /AUTO disk partition the disk with FAT16 partitions.
https://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/fdisk.htm

We know FAT16 bigger partition size is 2GB:
https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/370180/why-can-fat16-not-store-more-than-2-gb

We probably don't want to break current /AUTO for people using it to do 2 GB
partitions... [supposing such persons exist]

Then we probably need a new option (/AUTOFAT32 ?) that would partition in ...
well... ideally would find the minimum of "full disk"
and BIOS maximum supported size according to bits in LBA... I suppose.

... or much more simply... force user to format manually and never autoformat
the disk?