On 3.01.2022 17:18, tom ehlert wrote:

Hi,
>> But I still think about adding turkish layouts in mkeyb.
> why? obviously thraex has had a turkish keyboard driver
> for the last 30 years. what is the problem ou are trying to solve?
>
> and thraex hasn't complained himself, so it's not up to you to
> complain.

I must say I mainly use the French AZERTY keyboard when it comes to
typing in English and French, and the Turkish Q layout when typing in
Turkish. I'm much faster with AZERTY, so I seldom use the Turkish Q
layout (with FreeDOS, only for testing and translating purposes).

>>  It would make much things easier.
> what kind of things exactly?
>
> a) there are 2 kinds of turkish keyboards. which one do you mean?

There's the Q layout, derived from the American QWERTY used by the huge
majority of Turkish people, and the F layout optimized for typing
efficiently and quickly. I think he means both, but I'll let him answer.

> b) I wouldn't even qualify to verify if the keyboard driver works
> correct.
>
> you will have to find a turkish speaking/understanding person with at
> least moderate technical skills to do this.

I think Emir on this list uses the F layout, I use the Q one. There's
Ercan, the author or Minibox and FDTUI too, I don't know which one he
prefers. They certainly both are way more skilled than me, but maybe
with some hand holding I could see if the drivers work correctly for the
Q layout. Hopefully it will be feasible to find people to test the
drivers for both layouts on this list.

> after thinking about this, this project doesn't interest me; however I
> would help to implement this.

Thank you!