Hi,

> On Jan 13, 2022, at 9:14 AM, Mercury Thirteen via Freedos-devel
> <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> This feature was nonstandard across various BIOS implementations, so it is
> highly likely that if the BIOS does not support it via its built-in interface
> (the "Press <key> to enter SETUP" prompt) it is probably entirely unavailable.
>
> Just to be sure, I checked the CMOS Memory Map document
> <https://fd.lod.bz/rbil/cmos/power/index.html> in Jerome's excellent online
> version of the Ralf Brown Interrupt List - the feature is not listed.
>
> Sent with ProtonMail <https://protonmail.com/> Secure Email.

I didn’t see anything obvious when I looked either. Could be it was never
documented prior to the last RBIL update. Or, like you said possibly never
standardized.

But after looking at Resume by Alarm
<https://fd.lod.bz/rbil/zindex/idx-resume_by_alarm.html> and Power Management
<https://fd.lod.bz/rbil/interrup/power/index.html>, I was thinking maybe there
is a trick. I wonder what would happen if you programmed it to “Resume” in the
past. Would it refuse, clear it, wait for the clock to roll over or wake
immediately. I suspect all of the above depending on the BIOS. Maybe if set
everything to 0xffff, it would wake instantly. But, thats all just guesswork on
my part.

Jerome