Hi,

For me the last option (use Linux as VMM) would be the most sensible,
needing the least support effort for hardware and drivers: the Linux guys
will do it :)
Hardware-based DOS distributions will never get outdated because Linux
never will.

I think we talked about this option some time in one of the sunday
meetings: in my opinion, the nicest option would be if there was a
sufficiently small Linux distro that could be stripped down up to just
running DOSEMU (or xDOSEMU), maybe just one console, or maybe several (if
that old Ctrl+Alt+Fx is an option).

Just a thought and opinion, I wish I had some spare time myself to get into
such endeavour.

Aitor