> It also has a general Emulation detection. But, that rarely detects
> a generic VM.

AFAIK, it's not possible to detect a generic VM, though I think when I get done
with what I'm doing I can come pretty close.  In your case, though, it sounds
like you actually need that capability for your VGA application.  You need to
know whether it's real hardware or not, at least if you're going to release
your application "out into the wild" and things will crash if things aren't
correct.

> Personally, I think detecting the main VM platforms is good enough
> for most purposes.

I agree, for _most_ purposes it is.