fdisk, chkdsk, dosfsck, defrag and scandisk (not in distribution, empty gui).
I have no problems to send you screenshots.
fdisk, : https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/base/fdisk/-/issues

willi

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit mail.com Mail gesendet.
Am 22.01.23, 17:56 schrieb tom ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de>:
Hi,
> the proposal was from me. Maybe some of you know that I work on the text for a new help version.
> To do so, I use different sources, depending on what I can get.
> Sometimes documentation is very good, sometimes there is none,
> sometimes even command/? gives no information and I have to guess, read books or run tests.
> So I have to run each command in a virtual machine and test it. And
> when doing this, I noticed that some programs are really good but some...
> Among others, all programs that have to do with creating a file
> system have problems with fat32 support.

there are exactly 2 (maybe 3) commands thatb deal with fat32 at all:
format, chkdsk (and friends) and maybe defrag, while I have no idea
about defrag status.

now it would be cool if you gave at least examples of what
'programs', and what 'problems'

none other 'commands' should be even aware of what filesystem they are
dealing with. or are you confounding 'fat32' with 'LFN'?

> One of them is an empty GUI.
name please. if that were true it tuely shouldn't be distributed.

> So I had the idea with summer of code.
> Well, what can happen?

given that for the last 10+ years exactly 2 FreeDOS programs have made
any progress (ignoring any internationalisation stuff), I see expect the chances by +-0%.

by the way, the 2 programs are the setup stuff and edlin. hardly
rocket science.

Tom