Hello, everyone.

I am trying to better understand the EXECRH function in execrh.asm
<https://github.com/FDOS/kernel/blob/66df13c4d867b49558a85929a13432df63cf5ac
0/kernel/execrh.asm> . Could someone help me understand the call being made
in EXECRH of "call  far[.dhp]"? To where is it calling, and should I have
done something in my BIOS or elsewhere to support this call?

Additional Details: During boot on my 286 build the system hangs during the
kernel loading, where a call to EXECRH is eventually made. I don't believe
this is a FreeDOS issue, but likely an issue with my BIOS. Possibly, I need
to populate some table structure in memory with system or disk information
that I'm failing to populate, or I have an issue with one of my interrupt
handlers for INT13H disk services. The leadup to the lockup goes something
like this:

*       The kernel starts its loading process.
*       .
*       The truename() function [newstuff.c] is called during the kernel
load/processing.
*       The truename function then calls media_check() [fatfs.c].
*       The media_check() function calls rqblockio() in the same file.
*       The rqblockio() function then calls execrh() [execrh.asm].

If it's helpful, I posted some print screens of a debug build bootup and
some additional information here
<https://www.rehsdonline.com/post/troubleshooting-freedos-boot-on-my-286-sys
tem-hangs-on-execrh-call-in-kernel> .

If anyone has any guidance, suggestions, pointers to helpful reading
material, etc., I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Rich