Hi Bernd,

> On Sep 1, 2023, at 1:04 PM, Bernd Böckmann via Freedos-devel
> <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Well, I think it's me to blame ;-)
>
> I will try to build some compression mechanism into AMB, so that the help
> files get smaller. The main FreeDOS help file would also benefit from that, I
> think.
>
> Bernd

If you look at the 720k boot floppy from T2308, I think there is about 29k free
on the diskette.

FDISK.EXE went from 69k (I think) to 39k EXE + a 89k FDISK.LNG. Increasing by
about 40k.

It seems to work fine without the LNG file. So once I can get to figuring out
why the RBE is not excluding the LNG file like it is told (probably file name
case, dir or something simple), it will fit in the small floppy.

But… Compression help files would probably be a good thing as well.

Jerome