On 2/9/2024 1:07 PM, Bernd Böckmann via Freedos-devel wrote:
On 09.02.2024 21:17, Ralf Quint via Freedos-devel wrote:

is one reason why I used to write my own asm routines for BIOS calls

In this case it may be of interest how intr is actually implemented internally [1] :-). Yes, intr() is not the most efficient, but the most "portable" compiler-wise, if one can say that.

The 86box machine type is Xi8088, this is not the 8088Book, but behaves the same.

Well, how/where do you place the BIOS ROM for 86box? It always complains it can't find it and wants it to be put in the "roms" folder, but regardless what/where i try, I just get send around in circles. Takes far too much time than I have before the weekend... :(

Ralf