Interesting.  Thanks for the research, Eric.

As far as mice and wheels, CTMOUSE is the only driver I know of that allows DOS
programs to use the wheel.  This is emulated in DOSBox, but the second wheel is
simply processed as keystrokes because the second wheel is not even an option
with the CTMOUSE protocol.  The CTMOUSE wheel-extension protocol is really only
designed for one wheel and really didn't even leave room for the possibility of
a second wheel.  It would be possible to add support for a second wheel (and
more buttons), but it would be very klunky compared to a well-designed API that
included the possibility of multiple wheels and buttons.

The Cyberman is interesting - I hadn't seen that one before.  Even the INT 33h
extensions included for it in the driver you mentioned don't show up in RBIL,
so they must not have been very well known.  I certainly didn't know about them.

The problem we're getting into is that the Cyberman is really a joystick
instead of a mouse and should probably be using INT 15.84 extensions instead of
INT 33h extensions.  But it also has force feedback which can't be done through
a game port (game ports only allow inputs, not outputs).  All I can say is the
Cyberman is a VERY unique implementation that is not compatible with anything
else.  It wasn't the only unusual/unique implementation of mice and/or
joysticks, though -- almost everybody did it back in the day (including
Microsoft).

Anyway, one of the things I've been interested in with my USB drivers
(particularly the joystick Driver, USBJSTIK) is adding support for force
feedback.  Several USB joysticks have it, but unfortunately I've never seen a
widely-accepted DOS API for controlling the force feedback mechanism of
joysticks.  The Cyberman has an API that works exclusively with the Cyberman
product, and I think the Gravis GRIP protocol also allowed for force feedback
(but I'm not 100% sure), and there may be a few other hardware/vendor-specific
implementations.

Does anybody know of a good "generic" API that could be used for force
feedback?