Hi!

8-Фев-2004 16:48 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bart Oldeman) wrote to
FreeDOS-kernel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> As to the other funny printf "patch", it's only a temporary solution
>> until I find the reason why Borland 80386 build hangs if any INSTALL=
>> commands were processed, just before kernel() enters...
BO> try to investigate if anything weird happens with the high parts of the
BO> eax, ebx, ... registers.

     If under "80386 build" understanded code generation with option -3,
then this code generation is known to be buggy. For example, I know that
there was troubles with returning long values. Unfortunately, looks like I
lost the example of buggy code generation with -3.

BO> Borland may rely on them in the
BO> multiplication/division routines (at least it does in turbo pascal; it
BO> might have done the same for borland C too)

     All BC RTL is 16-bit "safe". For multiplication see files f_lxmul.asm
and n_lxmul.asm.