On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> INIT_FMEMCPY:                          |INIT_FMEMCPY:
>                  enter   8,0            |                push    BP
>                  mov     DX,4[BP]       |                mov     BP,SP
>                  mov     EAX,0Ah[BP]    |                mov     DX,4[BP]
>                  mov     -4[BP],EAX     |                jmp short       L76
>                  mov     EAX,6[BP]      |L64:            les     BX,6[BP]
>                  mov     -8[BP],EAX     |                mov     AL,ES:[BX]
>                  jmp short       L92    |                les     BX,0Ah[BP]
> L80:            les     BX,-8[BP]      |                mov     ES:[BX],AL
>                  mov     AL,ES:[BX]     |                inc     word ptr 6[BP]
>                  les     BX,-4[BP]      |                inc     word ptr 0Ah[BP]
>                  mov     ES:[BX],AL     |L76:            mov     AX,DX
>                  inc     word ptr -8[BP]|                dec     DX
>                  inc     word ptr -4[BP]|                or      AX,AX
> L92:            mov     AX,DX          |                jne     L64
>                  dec     DX             |                pop     BP
>                  or      AX,AX          |                ret     0Ah
>                  jne     L80            |
>                  leave                  |
>                  ret     0Ah            |

Well I see no bug in this fmemcpy. One other thing I can imagine being a
problem is that some device drivers or programs you use rely on the high
word of eax being zero.

since you said:
"after the install commands are processed  (if any)". This means that if
no "install" was present no problems occurred?

so what you could try is to add a xor eax, eax at a strategic place,
ie.
_exec_user:

        xor eax, eax

in procsupt.asm. Also execrh.asm for device drivers.

Hmm, reminds of some bug in bugzilla ...

Bart