Hi!

5-Мар-2004 19:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

EA> Hi Arkady, for FAT32 drives, WinDOS returns on int 21.32 (get BPB),
EA> when you use it as "get default BPB", that:
EA> - root dir size would be 512 entries
EA> - FAT1x size would be as FAT32 size

     What if FAT size will be > 32M?

EA> - so you have to notice "aha, FAT so big that it must be FAT32" and
EA>   use the FAT32 call then. Or even better, try the FAT32 call FIRST
EA>   and if it fails because it is not FAT32, try int 21.32

     INT21/7302? [BTW, FreeDOS doesn't expects at [ES:DI].word0 "length of
data", but RBIL says that this field is for "call" only. Who wrong?]

EA> FORMAT already contains a workaround for that.

     Before I continue to SYS, I now develop boot sector checking utility.
Currently it works with FAT12/FAT16:

______________O\_/_________________________________\_/O______________
DPB:
  Drive, media ID       : D: (#1), F8h
  Bytes/sector          : 512
  Sectors/cluster       : 16 (2**4)
  FAT start, size       : 1, 255 * 2
  Root start, entries   : 511, 512
  Data start, clusters  : 543, 50667

BOOTCHK: warning: 198 FAT sectors is enough
Valid.

BPB:
  Bytes/sector          : 512
  Sectors/cluster       : 16
  FAT start, size       : 1, 255 * 2
  Root entries          : 512
  Total sectors         : 0, 811215
  Hidden sectors        : 0
  Tracks, heads         : 63, 15
  Media ID              : F8h

BOOTCHK: warning: no extended boot signature
BOOTCHK: warning: 198 FAT sectors is enough
Valid.

Next I add support for FAT32, then re-export some checks into SYS back.
Unfortunately, I have no FAT32 for checks. Anyone?