Hi,

Luchezar Georgiev escribiÃ:

I still think that half a kilobyte isn't a big price to pay, PROVIDED THAT SOMEONE WILL REALLY USE THE DOUBLE-BYTE TABLES. As far as I know, there are complete Chinese, Korean and Japanese packages that install their own font, NLS and keyboard support, and most people will use them and not our inferior but much more difficult to set up COUNTRY + NLSFUNC + DISPLAY + KEYBOARD + whatever :-/

If nobody will use them, then your option (1) is the one to implement.

Chinese, Japanese and Korean friends, please express your opinion now.

Last not least, we don't have these tables yet, and may not have them.

Japanese is different from the other two, at least keyboardwise. Japanese-style DOS allows that the keyboard driver outputs simple characters, thus KEYB is valid, and furthermore, I am precisely implementing the last required bit so that FD-KEYB is good for Japanese. The problem is that one needs another sofware, called Front-end Processor (I seem to recall, someone correct me) that collects bytes from keyboard and also the status of KEYB through some API (being now implemented) so that you have Japanese keyboard support.
I don't know much what happens respect to the display adapter.
And I know nothing about Korean or Chinese, so I can't help, sorry.

Aitor