Hi!

7-Ноя-2004 01:02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jose Antonio Senna) wrote to "Arkady
V.Belousov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

JAS>  I am unable to post,but read user and devel lists.

     Just subscribe. :)

JAS>  Here are some further explanations:
te>> by using bits 6 -7 of DH in INT 13 requests as bits 10-11 of cylinder
avb>>     If so, then this is non-standard and this completely prohibits LBA
avb>> (with up to 256/255 heads).
[...]
te>> This BIOS variant is documented in Brown and Kyle interrupts list.
avb>>  Ralf Brown not documents such API deviation (or I miss something?).
JAS>       It does,not in DOS API,but under "low-level disk I/O" heading,at

     Of course, I also mean INT13.

JAS>       least in the list version which copy I have. A mail to this list
JAS>       by Bart Oldeman a few hours ago confirms it is documented.

     Yes, I was see this letter. Ok, there was such deviation

te>>  However,FreeDOS hooks INT 13 and,in doing so,rolls over any cylinder
te>> number modulo 1024, that is,if I make a request to access cylinder 1024,it
te>> does not report any error,but I get cylinder 0, and so on.
avb>> FreeDOS _doesn't_ hooks INT 13. See main.c:setup_int_vectors() for list
avb>> of hooked vectors.
JAS>     I thought I did,for the vector in the Interrupt Vector Table clearly
JAS>   points into DOS area.

     Ok, let clarify this. Unfortunately, neither my nor Bart's MEM shows
interrupt vectors relation, so procedure slightly more complex:

1. Run my MEMA (prefered) with option(s) "/DAT" (without quotes) or run
   Bart's MEM with options "/F/D/U" (without quotes) and show me result.
2. In DEBUG execute "d 0:0l100" ans show me results.

Then get results into file (which you may insert into letter) you may use
redirection. For example, make file (and call it, say, DBG.CMD) with next
content:

d 0:0l100

and run next commands:

MEMA/DAT>RESULT1
DEBUG<DBG.CMD>RESULT2

Now you get results in files, which you may send us.