Hi, I have browsed the CVS kernel a bit, and got the impression
that it would not be too hard to support sector sizes below 512
bytes (32, 64, 128 and 256 bytes should be possible). For sector
sizes above 512 bytes (e.g. 1024 and 2048), each element in
BUFFERS and the DiskTransferBuffer would have to be bigger. Are
there DOS versions which support big sectors? How do they solve
the buffering problem? I think sector sizes below 64 bytes cannot
contain enough of a BPB to be useful. Sector sizes below 32 bytes
are definitely not useful, not even a single dirent fits in them.
Sector sizes above 512 bytes are at most useful for the 1024 byte
(far-east 1.2 MB diskette format / drives which support full 64 MB
of a single XMS2 handle as ramdisk without having to support the
DOS3.x+ 32bit sector number calls) and 2048 byte (raw sector size
on CD-ROM and maybe on magneto-optical drives) cases.

Comments about useful sector sizes would be welcome:
Smaller (64, 128, 256), normal 512, Bigger (1024, 2048, others).