Hello all,
I have a slightly outdated disk (~1 month) 1.44M image here:
http://cid-f785bf5e55218c8e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DOS/fdboot.img?ccr=6115&lc=1033
for details, or
http://ldjbma.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p-09MGpJ0Ex2IieFdCTPZi6GpAX_jph5H6xaNt9tPQRQZyY3a8FV-EUILw5qsT2m76PR9ITrDY-ew9-pFYNO9VpI0toBmT-Dx/fdboot.img?download

for the direct link.
Built with BFI & QEMU.
This might be usable for building a livecd image (Eltorito & UIDEJR
drivers used).
I listed a few applications (both included and omitted) I deem useful in
the comments.

I have _not_ tested 1498&1499, only 1497 (essentially same as kernel
release 2039).
On another note, 2039 allegedly does not work with Breadbox (HAVE NOT
VERIFIED); a standing "bug" is the 1 UMB provider limit.
GEM/XM runs.

The kernel may need to "work around" the Linux VFAT patent avoidance HACK
in Linux kernel 2.6.30+, which writes 100% illegal names to the SFN entry
when LFNs are used.  Christian was going to include a workaround in Rx-DOS
(NASM GPL code); it may help to see that.

Ibidem