Hi Pat,

> Allow me to make this perfectly clear: the FreeDOS kernel
> *IS NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN* and will never be.
> Please do not spread such rumors.

I do not see such rumors but...

>> OFFTOPIC: JaguiD (Java with GUI for DOS) might be worth testing;
>> the Ikon GUI, offered commercially this fall as an OS with some
>> (unspecified) FreeDOS kernel, is now public domain/unmaintained
>> --it should work with FreeDOS.

Well only the GUI is public domain, but if their download
still contains "some unspecified FreeDOS kernel" then you
could ask them to make licensing clear on their page and
in their download. If you sense a GPL violation, you can
ask Shane for advice, he is an expert for handling that.

Eric