Hi

> 1. No new details to the "Crosslink-BUG" ... cluster size is 4 KiB :-|

Why do you refer to an obsolete mail ?

> Half of it is not a bug, the other half is...

What ???

> This is because DIR tells you how much space is used / free.
> the FFFF which you mention, you force a recalculation...

I never said the delay would be a BUG ...

> > 6. Try to brew a file or SUBDIR ("MD")
> - expected result: should work
> - effective result: DOESN'T WORK
> Do you also get problems with file creation

See above: "Try to brew a __file__ or SUBDIR" or test yourself ;-)

> or growth, as far as those involve allocation of more clusters?

No test on growth

> If yes, which problems, just failure? Or creation of cross links?

Apparently no crosslinks (and no changes to the disk ???)

> EDR-DOS doesn't have this bug.

It probably also has the delay?

YES. BTW, my great new filesystem addresses this issue and tries to be
more smart and less slow, nevertheless, the reevaluation and the risk that
the reported free space may be inequal to the effective one can't be
completely assassinated, or at least I have no idea how :-(

> I assume by bug you only mean the problem of creating a
> directory after invalidating FS-Info?

YES. or file ;-)

--