Okay, so I've started the install, and everything's going sorta okay,
except.. well, it's bizarre.

The first three menus work without a hitch. "1, enter, 1, enter, 1, enter".
No problem. After that, things get weird.

My machine begins beeping the same way it does when there's a key held down
or whatnot. It would appear as though, after I get past the third menu, my
computer is ghosting "9" and "4" into STDIN. It's not the keyboard; I
unplugged it, and still it ghosts in 9 and 4. On the fourth menu, it
eventually goes to the keyboard layout select menu, and something like
9999994994999949499999 is in the little text area.

Needless to say, this makes installation more or less impossible. I also
keep getting "CDRcache flush: IOCTL read media change 00ff". And then more 9
and 4 ghosting.

Well, I was able to power through it, and got to the installer program deal.
Then General Protection Fault reared its ugly head and killed everything.
What do I need to do to use FreeDOS on this thing? It used to run Windows98
just fine.

I looked through the recent archives, and haven't found anything about the
999499999 thing. Then again, that's kinda hard to search for.

--Jay

From: "Jim Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>