On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:41:56 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

>I know this sounds rather --- anti-freeDOS, but if the MS-DOS bootable
>floppy works fine and you have them and they're all well and good... why're
>you needing freeDOS?

Imagine someday you got a letter and say you have to pay 1 million to
M$ because your program is using M$-DOS without M$'s agree.

Also M$-DOS is dead. No new function to add, no one care when you have
some programs fail to run. And it's definitely not suitable for the
new PC since the core not updated for many years.

FreeDOS is a live OS, and we're trying to improve it everyday, since
DOS have so many undocumented tricks, incompatible is a MUST. But we
have to solve it or at least have a work around.

Rgds,
Johnson.