On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:28:18 -0700, you wrote:

Hi,

>Should the progress indicator show anything after 5-10 minutes?  How long should I
>expect for a 40G or 80G volume?

Yes, the percentage did change, depends on what kind of hard disk you
have. I've tried it take several hours (5 hours as I remember, my PC
very slow) to format 40GB.

>Yes, but in this case we are recovering a crashed disk for an embedded application
>(multitrack hard disk recorder.)

Did you check for the growing bad sector or reliability of the hard
disk? Then you have to look for another tools, if you can afford try
buy "SPINRITE 6" from Gibson Research Corp. It's the ultimate hard
disk test/diagnostic tool.

>Yes, I have done so but didn't see the options I was looking for.

As Eric said, up to now FreeDOS don't have this feature, maybe in
future.

Rgds,
Johnson.