On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:07:22 +0200 (MEST), you wrote:

Hi Eric,

>I could improve this a bit, but am NOT planning to get FreeDOS FORMAT's
>disk wiping / surface scan function to any "Windows like" speed. You
>do not need surface scans on modern harddisks, and if you do need them,
>the very best way to scan the whole surface (not only one partition) is

Maybe you have to consider "minimum surface checking" instead of
sweeping the whole drive, as you say modern hard disk usually don't
need surface scan.

The worse is some beginners or novice have no idea what the FORMAT
program is working, they're not follow up our discussing thread from
time to time.

Rgds,
Johnson.