G Simpson wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to set-up a "lite" version of a FreeDos bootable floppy, and I am a bit
confused.

What I need is to boot to FreeDos with the Himem and EMM386 drivers loaded, but my
attempts fail and I can't seem to get extended memory.

How do I go about creating a boot disk with just the extended memory drivers? I tried
stripping down the fdconfig.sys, and I still get the menu at start-up?

TIA

Gary

FDCONFIG contents should just be the device lines for himem and emm386 shorn of anything before "device".

-uso.