Hi, I am new to dosemu/freedos.

I am trying to kick off the install of windows on a single node.
i've looked at the project 'unattended.sourceforge.net' but i don't have a
network.

In summary this is what I am doing.

Partition info:
Disk1
 /dev/sda1 utility partiion (dell utility) 32M
 /dev/sda2 windows target install (fat32)  6G
Disk2
 /dev/sdb1 ... sdb11 linux OS partitions

The mbr on disk1 loads grub which loads into sdb1.
Load into linux.
Install dosemu-1.2.1-1.i386.rpm
dosemu.conf:
  hd_image = "/dev/sda2"
  vbootfloppy = "drives/dosboot.img +hd"

At this point A: points to freedos, C: target partition for windows.

Lredir D: (path to i386 directory)

At this point I can run D:\i386\winnt /s:D:\i386 /t:C:\

Windows Setup Starts and copyies files to C:\

However, because its running under dosemu, it does not write the MBR on
the first disk.

I tried free-fdisk but I cant get it to work.
   fdisk /mbr "Sector not found, AH=0x42!"

I place the fdisk.exe which was in (fdisk121.zip) into dosboot.img as
follows.

mkdir x
mount -o loop dosboot.img x
cp PROGRAM/FDISK.EXE x
umont x

when I start dosemu I can run fdisk, but it doesn't create or delete
partitions.

-Tony