Hi, for your Ensoniq 1370 / SB PCI64 soundcard, you might try those drivers:
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/boards/Soundcards/PCI64-Q3D/PCI64(238Q).html
http://www.nickles.de/c/a/archiv1-78531.htm -> try APINIT / APLOAD
http://www.spmicro.com/mp3sidekick/ensoniq.html
-> tells the same. You use APINIT / APLOAD to initialize the card,
because DOS has no PnP subsystem (it might also work to use something
like the Intel DOS PnP manager, which is freeware).
It is also possible that one of the programs stays loaded in the background.

Normally, you only have to INITIALIZE PnP soundcards to SoundBlaster
compatible mode. Then you use the right SET BLASTER=... command to tell
your DOS programs about the configuration. The driver itself is already
present inside the DOS programs! So DOS does not provide a real driver.

For some NEWER soundcards, the hardware no longer has SoundBlaster
compatible mode: In that case, you have to load a compatibility layer
in RAM (or enable it in BIOS, if it is an onboard sound chip). That layer
traps all soundcard access attempts and redirects them to some SB simulation
which in turn forwards the sound to the native interface of the soundcard.
Such emulations can often cause troubles with things like EMM386 or DOS4GW.
Try without EMM386 then, and try http://dos32a.sourceforge.net/ DOS32A
instead of DOS4GW if you get a crash message for DOS4GW based software.

I think the SB PCI64 is a card of the "initialize only" category. In
any case, the answer to your question seems to be in:
http://www.spmicro.com/mp3sidekick/ensoniq.html
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T2
SET SNDSCAPE=C:\SOUND
C:\SOUND\APINIT.COM
C:\SOUND\APLOAD.EXE

For MPXPlay, you use SoundcardType=15 (Midas Sound System), because the
SoundBlaster Pro compatibility does not seem to be very good :-(.

See also:
http://grassomusic.de/english/ensoniq.htm

http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/snddosdr.htm
might help with SBlive! and SBaudigy, too.
http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/sndhelp.htm

Please try and let us know if it worked. I suggest that we keep
a backup of the mentioned drivers somewhere, in case they would
eventually be taken offline because manufacturers believe DOS is gone...

http://www.google.de/search?q=sb+pci64+dos+ensoniq+driver -> 252 results.

Eric