At 10:43 AM 7/8/04 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In Bochs you are correct, as Scandisk gave me no errors anymore.
> I hope I did not encounter a strange Vmware problem.

You might think this a weird and unorthodox thing to say. Maybe you could
try rebooting immediately after the format at least once to see if it
changes anything. I'd be curious. I know it's a long shot but it would only
take a minute to try.

Anyway, I moved data from the E: and FORMATTED it with FreeDOS. I did
everything this time under MS-DOS to make things faster.

I'm glad that our tests are corresponding in completely different
environments. Too bad I don't have a really big drive to test.

                              Disk Doctor
                      Norton Utilities for Win95
                         July  8, 2004 4:04am

                       *************************
                       *  Report for Drive E:  *
                       *************************

                              DISK TOTALS
           2,146,584,576 bytes Total Disk Space
               3,442,688 bytes in 25 User Files
                  20,480 bytes in 3 Directories
           2,143,121,408 bytes available on the disk

                       LOGICAL DISK INFORMATION
                   Media Descriptor:  F8
                    Large Partition:  Yes
                           FAT Type:  32-bit