Hi, let me clarify the background of the discussion:
Johnson had put the new HTML help texts online only to make
reviewing easier. Once they get added to the ZIP file of
HTML-help, there will be no problem with embedded mail addresses.

HOWEVER, we accidentally got too much attention to the HTML
file now that it is "in the news", so, for the UNZIPPED version
of it, we felt that it was necessary to clobber mail addresses.

I personally suggest: Apart from "internal use for reviewing"
sites (which are not linked from anywhere), we *can* put the
HTML help online, but only after removing mail addresses completely.
That can be done with automated regular expression search and replace.
For the ZIP file of the help, however, which is meant to be installed
on local disks rather than on homepages, all email addresses can stay
visible and unclobbered.

Eric