On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 07:30:04 +0100, you wrote:

Hi,

>Edit config.sys & autoexec.bat files so that they contain your specific
>settings then delete file fdconfig.sys

FDCONFIG.SYS is a FreeDOS version of CONFIG.SYS
You better use FDCONFIG.SYS to avoid confusion

>I managed to open them both in FreeDOS Edit, but I don't know what to edit
>and what to replace it with.
>Are there any docs to help me on this subject?

I'm not 100% understand what you want ...

Normally a FDCONFIG.SYS should have:

1) HIMEM.EXE
2) EMM386.EXE
3) SOUND CARD/CD-ROM driver

[FDCONFIG.SYS]
DOS=HIGH,UMB
DEVICE=C:\FREEDOS\HIMEM.EXE
DEVICE=C:\FREEDOS\EMM386.EXE
DEVICE={other driver according to their path}

A simple FDCONFIG.SYS is ready.

Rgds,
Johnson.