Hi,

In addition to what others have said about restoring the Win 98
bootsectors, I'll suggest one more thing. Restoring those bootsectors
will allow you to boot into Win 98 fine from LILO, but you still have to
do things to be able to boot into FreeDOS.

For that, what I'd suggest is to re-install FreeDOS and when it asks if
you want to install the bootsectors, choose NO. Then, when it drops you
into the command prompt, type "SYS D:" to install the FreeDOS
bootsectors onto D:. It might give an error about KERNEL.SYS not being
found (it gave for me), but you can solve that by changing to C: and
then doing "SYS D:" (this is coz the KERNEL.SYS file is installed onto
C: for some reason).

Now you can add an entry into LILO for booting this D: partition. And
FreeDOS should boot fine. :)

By the way, I said to re-install above coz I don't remeber the exact
installation steps and so am not sure if there's some option to simply
get to the FreeDOS command prompt (in case of Win98 you had the startup
disk, in case of FreeDOS I dunno). Once you get to the command prompt,
you can simply do "SYS D:" (and the rest of the steps) like I said above
... and you are done!

Hope that helps. Welcome to FreeDOS! :)

Thanks,
Rakhesh