Erwin Veermans schreef:

A gadget for the FreeDOS internetters:

NwDsk-Arachne bootflop: browsing with full packaged Arachne 1.75 from bootflop using NwDsk's generic packet driver layer setup on FreeDOS core. Boot it
and see the FreeDOS-homepage appear, nicely rendered by Arachne running from your bootflop.

nice job, Erwin!
however Arachne won't work for me.
I downloaded the imagefile you mentioned, opened it with Winimage 6.3-x64 (yes, WinXP 64bit running here),
saved as disk image file (not self-extracting), then set it in Vmware as primary diskette drive.
I powered on Vmware guest, and your disk boots and asks me questions.
Finally, Arachne complains it cannot get online, even though packet driver found.
Too bad, and too complex to search for the error.

Network:
-Provider
-Cable Modem
-Router
-Gbit switch
-Gbit switch
-My computer
-Vmware guest (bridget network, so gets a network IP from the router)

perhaps DNS doesn't get set or so.

Bernd