On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:31:02 -0000, you wrote:

Hi,

>Hi, again, I`m not realy sure if this is the right way to reply. I expect
>you`ll let me know if it`s wrong...

There're few way to install FreeDOS.

1) FreeDOS ISO CD image
2) FreeDOS Odin0.50 floppy disk image

>Hi, I`ve just installed a free-dos on a 486 that I have.<snip>
>Could someone give me some advise?.

1) Download the CD ISO image, write the ISO to CD, then boot up the
CD, follow the instruction

2) Download floppy disk image, download "diskcopy", type "diskcopy
odin050.144 a:", you'll have a bootable FreeDOS floppy with a lot of
tools, now with "sys a: c:" you can make the hard disk boot with
FreeDOS

***Note: Please think twice before doing "sys a: c:", this action will
overwrite the bootsector and make your Windows (or other O.S.) fail to
boot up

Rgds,
Johnson.