On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:49:51 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Bernd,

>Would be nice indeed, to let FreeDOS uninstall itself (undo all made
>changes + delete FreeDOS directory) if the user wants that.

Well, uninstall FreeDOS is very simple, because FreeDOS didn't use any
registry or hidden tricks. Just delete KERNEL, COMMAND and FreeDOS
directory and everything gone.

>I suggested a /D option (not an implementation, unfortunately I'm not a
>programmer and show no talent for it either) for SYS,

Me too.

>to dump the current bootsector to a file. OScheck's implementation is
>ASM, SYS is in C (except the FreeDOS bootsectors)
>perhaps an option /R [filename] to restore a saved bootsector.

If Eric can improve his OSCHECK to do all the job, then we have the
ground breaking no.1 utility.

>Yes, not a problem. What I probably can do, is put the BOOTPART utility
>from www.winimage.com on a FreeDOS cdrom.

It's powerful but the usage and document was awesome. Too bad it the
"only" and "free" utility around.

Rgds,
Johnson.