On 28 Nov 2004 at 16:35, Bernd Blaauw wrote:

> Arkady V.Belousov schreef:
> > TS> The Beta 9 Freedos says it can't be run with nt/2000/xp.  So which
> > TS> build of freedos can I use?
> >
> >      What mean "can't be run with"? Which troubles you have?
> >

> Arkady, the Beta9 had a bad batchfile which did not detect NT/2K/XP
> entirely correctly. The next FreeDOS, released hopefully later today,
> has fixed this.
>
> Bernd

Ahh cool, Arkady put me on the list, thanks dude :-)..

I just tried to make a bootable Dr. Dos using Bart's method:
http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
But things didn't go very well (didn't even make an iso for me) :-).

I'm totally new to this freedos and other alternative dos stuff.  I
need DOS so I can run Impulse Tracker and dos console emulators like
Kgen98.  Running Impulse Tracker with VDMSound or DosBox is
impossible with an AMD K6-2 550 even with 512mb PC133 SDRAM.  The
sound is choppy and running the win32 Genesis emulator Gens is bad in
XP aswell.  VDM in XP is a joke.  I like many others need pure dos
like on good old Win98.

I don't really want to install windows 98.  It would be good just to
chuck in a CD when I need to use DOS and be able to read files from
NTFS and a FAT32 formatted USB Mass Storage Device.  If you can have
this support with live linux CD's then I think having the same
support with a open src dos os is possible.

Will I be able to accomplish all this with the next freedos boot cd?
:-)