Hallo to all.

I'm using FreeDOS beta9sr1.
I got two problems with subst drives:

(1) Cascading SUBST
I have three partitions on my drive: C:, D: and E:.
I do the following:

C:\>subst a: d:\

and then

C:\>subst d: e:\

On MS_DOS with 'a:' I get access to 'd:', with 'd:' to 'e:' and with 'e:' to
'e:'. That's what I want.

On FreeDOS with 'a:' I get access to 'e:'. That's not what I want. FreeDOS
seems to cascade the substitudes.
I get the warning 'SUBST: Warning physical path D:\ cannot be made' after ma
first subst and the warning 'SUBST: Warning physical path E:\ cannot be
made' after the second one. Has this something to do with my problem?
Is this an Bug in FreeDOS? Or are there any options on the subst command to
get what I want? I also tried out 'assign' but it's the same with it.

(2) CHDIR on substituded drives
The same example as above but just do the first subst (C:\>subst a: d:\).
Then do
C:\>mkdir x
C:\>cd x
C:\>cd ..
The message 'CHDIR failt for '..'' appears and I stay in the directory x.
(with 'cd..', 'chdir ..', 'chdir..'it's the same)
C:\>cd \
works.
But this problems makes me insecure.
Can anybody help?

Thanks in advanced

        Tim Koch

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot