I see the latest version of emm386 adds a setting for
MOO.  But what is "EMS function 53h" and how is it
set?  MOO is one game that is pretty tender under
FreeDOS.  I have only been able to make it work at all
with MS emm386.
RE: sound card for apogee games

I have yet to find an id/apogee game that doesn't run
great under FreeDOS.  But modern hardware is hopeless.
 I recommend a dedicated DOS box and a kvm switch.  It
is bliss.  You can go to a computer junk store and
assemble your 1995 dream system for about $50.  Mine
has a SB ISA card pulled from a 486 board.

Charlie

http://my.yahoo.com