Hi,

>     COLDboot / WARMboot - do a reboot with / without BIOS tests (POST)
>     HOTboot  - try reboot at once using int 19h (will often crash!)
> According trial, it seems HOTboot just jump to MBR without run the
> BIOS and as the help says, it crashes. But I can't distinguish
> COLDboot and WARMboot. Both of them seem to do the same as reboot.

Warmboot bypasses the memory test at boot, but if you have disabled
the memory test at boot in your BIOS setup, then you will indeed not
see a difference. HOTBOOT just reloads DOS kernel, which usually does
not work, as most drivers fail to detect it and fall into a deep hole.

>     PURESUSP / PUREOFF - as SUSPEND / POWEROFF but does not stop IDE
> disks first
> Which may be better?

If you have problems with disks spinning up or down exactly at the
moment (not seconds before) when the power is turned off by the POWEROFF
or SUSPEND option, then you will prefer using PUREOFF or PURESUSP instead.
This is useful if your BIOS takes care of disk spin up/down itself, or
if your disks are not properly reacting to the FDAPM direct hardware access.

>     VGAoff / VGAon    - switch VGA DPMS screen off (no auto wake up!) / on
> I have tried them, and I have to type "fdapm VAGon" without the
> screen. Are there any instances that type may be usefull?

You can use that in batch files. Simplest case is: FDAPM VGAOFF, PAUSE,
FDAPM VGAON. Another case is FDAPM VGAOFF, do some stuff which takes a
long time, e.g. copying a CD to MP3, and automatically turn the screen
on again when the long-time-taking-stuff is done.

Eric