Hi!

20-Фев-2005 12:20 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Xiang-Rui Wang) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

XW> I use the help an find it usage:
XW>     COLDboot / WARMboot - do a reboot with / without BIOS tests (POST)
XW>     HOTboot  - try reboot at once using int 19h (will often crash!)
XW> According trial, it seems HOTboot just jump to MBR without run the BIOS

     No. HOTboot calls INT19, if you know what is it. If you don't know what
is it, don't worry, just ommit HOTboot.

XW> and as the help says, it crashes. But I can't distinguish
XW> COLDboot and WARMboot. Both of them seem to do the same as reboot.
XW> What's the diffirence of them?

     "with / without BIOS tests". If in your BIOS setup you set "Quick boot:
Yes", then you will not see differences, in other cases COLDboot similar to
booting at machine turning on, with memory tests.

XW> Besides, the help says:
XW>     PURESUSP / PUREOFF - as SUSPEND / POWEROFF but does not stop IDE disks
XW> first Which may be better?

     SUSPEND/POWEROFF should better for you, PURESUSP/PUREOFF are for
special tasks, when IDE disks should be stopped from other sources.

XW> there is this line:
XW>     VGAoff / VGAon    - switch VGA DPMS screen off (no auto wake up!) / on
XW> I have tried them, and I have to type "fdapm VAGon" without the
XW> screen. Are there any instances that type may be usefull?

     Yes. :) For example, when you require to type password, you may before
run VGAoff, and VGAon after password entering.