Jim Hall wrote:
>It's possible that some of the output you see on screen was printed to
>stderr.  TEE only works with output printed to stdout (that is, it only
>reads stdin.)

>stderr is often used to print warnings or error messages.

 I don't think so,because the output is one continuous transcript of the
dialog between TCPMAIL and the POP/SMTP server,and there are no reasons
why those lines should have been treated differently. However,how can I
test it?
 I also noticed there is no screen output for a time,then all output is
displayed without pause,while TCPMAIL without redirection sends the output
to screen as the dialog proceeds. So,probably,everything is redirected to a
temporary file until TCPMAIL exits and then TEE takes over and sends the
file contents to screen, afterwards copies the file to a permanent one and
exits. Is it so?
 If yes,could it be that TEE makes some copy mistake ?
 Regards
 JAS