I know this is a little off-topic, but I thought it was an excellent and elegant solution that uses FreeDOS! This allows bootstrapping the Fedora Core 3 install from only floppy diskettes, without booting from a CD or temporarily copying stuff to your hard drive. It uses FreeDOS to create a RAM drive, unzips the relevant Fedora install files from the FC3 boot.iso (isolinux), then uses LOADLIN to boot into the FC3 installer. From there, you can choose from a variety of [remote] installation methods (NFS, FTP, HTTP, etc.)

-jh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi People,

Several people have sent compliments about my Fedora Core 3 floppy installer,
which uses Freedos:

http://www.thisiscool.com/fc3floppy.htm

-- Mohan