Hi Chris / Gryphon,
you should really make that a FREEDOS boot disk if you tell the
FREEDOS people to use it! And it will not even hurt. At least
less than pissing MS by distributing their stuff.

> A:\CHKDSK.EXE
If that is FreeDOS chkdsk, then you should include chkdsk32 (Tu Varna)
or dosfsck (needs cwsdpmi.exe and enough RAM) as well, for FAT32.
> A:\MSCDEX.EXE
MS? Why that, SHSUCDX is smaller and cooler.
> A:\CHOICE.COM
Our choice.exe works just as well. Or use the Horst Schaeffer one,
which is smaller and has more features, e.g. mouse support.
> A:\FORMAT.COM
Try the FreeDOS format.exe, which has piles of features built-in.
> A:\DIRECTCC.EXE
???
> A:\HIMEM.SYS
Try FreeDOS himem.exe, which can do up to 4 GB RAM (recently somebody
actually used it with DPMIONE to access 3.3 GB of RAM).
> A:\DOSCD\IMES12X\IMES_CD.SYS     These are the standard ATAPI CD-ROM drivers
> A:\DOSCD\GS16X\GSCDROM.SYS
> A:\DOSCD\TOSHI8X\CDROMDRV.SYS
> A:\DOSCD\IMES8X\IMES_CD.SYS
> A:\DOSCD\MIT12\MTMCDAI.SYS
As with Highlander, there need only be one: Acer VIDE-CDD 2.15, for all
ATAPI (IDE) CD/DVD drives I know.
> A:\MISC\UNINSTAL.EXE
???
> A:\MISC\REGEDIT.EXE       Windows registery editor
Even for that, you should be able to find free alternatives, possibly
with nice user interface.
> A:\MISC\EDIT.COM
I remember that MS DOS 6 contained an EDIT which internally only called
QBASIC in "EDIT mode". Try other editors like FreeDOS EDIT (make sure to
include edit.hlp), AGE TE editor or the tiny TED3 or E3 mini-editors:
http://www.sax.de/~adlibit/ has the E3 editor.
> A:\utils\MOSLO.COM  Slow down you PC timer
If you say MOSLO then you should also say THROTTLE, see
http://www.oldskool.org/pc/

Enjoy the world of FREE DOS :-).

Eric