I was wondering if long file name support is already in freedos b9sr1
or is it necessary to run another program like  doslfn?

The reason I ask, is that while testing  python for dos, the program
notes say that long file name support is needed/recommended.  However
with freedos b9sr1 the python interpreter starts up just fine.  I also
ran doslfn before starting python and the interpreter starts although
the system churns for awhile.   Finally I tried with lfndos before
starting python and that caused problems.

Thanks